WELCOME TO CARFAX.EU
A subsidiary of
CARFAX is a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information analytics and solutions. IHS Markit is based in London.
CARFAX.EUs the official CARFAX website outside North America and the source for authentic CARFAX Vehicle History Reports. These reports are available for all used cars imported from the U.S. and Canada and manufactured after 1981.
CARFAX is one of the most trusted providers of vehicle history information. For over 35 years, CARFAX has helped millions of used car shoppers make better purchase decisions and avoid costly hidden problems.
CARFAX has been providing vehicle history information in North America and Europe for decades and currently has a data base with more than 27 billion records collected from more than 112.000 partners and sources, including government ministries, law enforcement agencies, service and repair shops, car dealers, insurance companies and many others.
CARFAX is the neutral partner of consumers, dealers and affiliates from the private and public sectors – having the vision of creating a transparent and fair used car market for everyone.
No used car should be purchased without checking data availability on carfax.eu – it’s free! Never buy a used car without CARFAX.
BUY A USED CAR WITH MORE CONFIDENCE
- 27+ billion records from 112.000+ data sources in Europe, North America and Canada
- 35+ years of experience with vehicle history information
- Trusted by millions of consumers and thousands of dealers and business partners worldwide
Every car has its history – you should know it!
CARFAX US started with a vision – to be the leading source of vehicle history information for buyers and sellers of used cars.
Today, CARFAX has the most comprehensive vehicle history database available in North America and Europe with thousands of dealers subscribed in exchange of information with CARFAX and more than 112,000 data sources.
In 2007 CARFAX set its foot in Europe for the first time, providing access to vehicle history data for Europeans wishing to import a used vehicle from the US. In the following years, the service has expanded to several European countries, including, Sweden (2009), Spain (2010), Slovenia (2010), the Netherlands (2016) and Poland (2019) with more countries to come.
CARFAX TIMELINE - OUR MILESTONES
- CARFAX launches new website carfax.eu/nl in the Netherlands
- CARFAX expands to Poland with the country specific consumer website carfax.eu/pl and partners with online key players like Otomoto.pl and Sprzedajemy.pl.
- CARFAX gets access to the vehicle history information of CARFAX Canada
- CARFAX partners with autotrack.nl, offering services to build credibility and sales for dealers in the Netherlands
- CARFAX expands into the Netherlands – country specific carfax.eu/nl consumer website launched
- CARFAX owner IHS mergers with Markit, becoming one of the world’s biggest global information provider
- CARFAX offers its services in 17 European languages
- The milestone of 1 billion European historical records is reached
- The first "Dealer Advantage Program" in Sweden and Spain are launched
- IHS acquires R.L. Polk & Co. and CARFAX
- CARFAX reaches 100 million European VIN's in its European database
- CARFAX expands its service to Spain and Slovenia with country specific CARFAX Vehicle History Reports
- Two own country-specific sites are launched: www.carfax.es and www.carfax.si
- CARFAX expands its service to the Swedish market and supports used car buyers of Swedish cars
- The offer for US import cars on the former website usimportcheck.com, is now available on the European web presence carfax.eu
- CARFAX enters Europe by launching its first European website carfax.eu to protect European used car buyers from buying a bad US-car
- CARFAX starts expansion in Europe with CARFAX U.S. Import site, usimportcheck.com
- CARFAX surpasses five-billion unique data records benchmark
- CARFAX reaches 20.000 sources milestone
- CARFAX Europe GmbH is founded in Munich by Frank Brueggink and a business associate
- CARFAX launches Buyback Guarantee in the US
- CARFAX surpasses two billion unique data records
- CARFAX launches the "Truth About Used Cars" Ad Campaign
- The number of CARFAX data records approaches the two-billion mark
- CARFAX and NAAA announce partnership
- The number of CARFAX dealer subscribers reaches 13.500
- CARFAX endorses American International Automobile Dealers Association (AIADA)
- CARFAX launches a $20-million campaign educating consumers on how to avoid the pitfalls, scams and risks involved in purchasing a used car
- CARFAX Certified Cars service is introduced
- CARFAX becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of the R.L. Polk & Co.
- "CARFAX Free Lemon Check" is rolled out to internet partners
- More than 400.000 consumers a month visit the site
- CARFAX signs AOL as Internet partner
- CARFAX launches Carfax.com, offering consumers the same access to Vehicle History Reports as dealers
- Reports already available to used car dealers (via fax)
- CARFAX reaches 100 million vehicle history records
- CARFAX obtains title data from nearly all 50 states
- 60 Minutes reports on how CARFAX benefits consumers
- Blackburn Marketing Services purchases CARFAX
- Dick Raines is announced as president and US headquarters are established in Virginia
- Six auctions and 28 additional dealers become customers
- With just 10.000 vehicle history records and a vision, Barnett markets the CARFAX Vehicle History Report
- 14 auto dealers become customers – reports are distributed to dealers via fax
- CARFAX is founded in Columbia, Missouri by Ewin Barnett III. The headquarter is now in Centreville, Virginia