Welcome to CARFAX Europe
CARFAX Europe (www.carfax.eu) is the official CARFAX website in Europe and the only legal source for authentic CARFAX Vehicle History Reports. These reports are available for all used cars imported from the U.S. and Canada and manufactured after 1981.
CARFAX is the most trusted provider of vehicle history information in the world. For over 30 years, CARFAX has helped millions of used car shoppers make better purchase decisions and avoid costly hidden problems.
CARFAX has been providing vehicle history information in North America for decades and currently has a data base with more than 14 billion records collected from 35.000 partners and sources, including government ministries, law enforcement agencies, service and repair shops, car dealers, insurance companies and many others.
CARFAX is the neutral partner of consumers, dealers and partners from the private and public sectors – having the vision of changing the used car market for the better.
No used car from the U.S. should be purchased without checking its history first with a CARFAX Report.
Buy a used U.S. import with more confidence
- 20+ billion records from 100.000+ data sources in Europe, North America and Canada
- 30 years experience
- Trusted by millions of consumers worldwide
No-one should buy or touch a used car without first checking its history – with a CARFAX Vehicle History Report!
CARFAX US started with a mission – to be the leading source of vehicle history information for buyers and sellers of used cars.
Today, CARFAX has the most comprehensive vehicle history database available in North America with thousands of dealers subscribed in exchange of information with CARFAX and more than 20,000 data sources.
In 2008 CARFAX set its foot in Europe for the first time, providing access to CARFAX vehicle history for Europeans wishing to import a used vehicle from the US. In the following years, the service has expanded to three more European countries, Sweden, Spain and Slovenia while more country-specific websites are to be launched in 2013.
CARFAX Timeline - Our Milestones
- CARFAX partners with autotrack.nl, offering services to build credibility and sales for dealers in the Netherlands
- CARFAX expands into the Netherlands – country specific carfax.nl consumer website launched
- CARFAX offers its services in 17 European languages
- Reached the milestone of 1 billion European historical records
- Launched the first "Dealer Advantage Program" in Sweden and Spain
- Reached 100 million European VIN's in our European database
- CARFAX expands its service to Spain and Slovenia with country specific CARFAX Vehicle History Reports, containing millions of vehicle history
- Two own country-specific sites are launched: www.carfax.es and www.carfax.si
- CARFAX expands its service to the Swedish market and supports used car buyers of Swedish cars
- The offer for US import cars on the former website usimportcheck.com, is now available on the European web presence carfax.eu
- CARFAX enters Europe by launching its first European website carfax.eu in the process migrating North American used car history from our interim website usimportcheck.com
- CARFAX starts expansion in Europe with CARFAX U.S. Import site, usimportcheck.com
- CARFAX surpasses five-billion unique data records benchmark
- CARFAX reaches 20.000 sources milestone
- CARFAX launches Buyback Guarantee
CARFAX surpasses two billion unique data records
CARFAX launches the "Truth About Used Cars" Ad Campaign
- The number of CARFAX data records approaches the two-billion mark
- CARFAX and NAAA announce partnership
- The number of CARFAX dealer subscribers reaches 13.500
- CARFAX endorses American International Automobile Dealers Association (AIADA)
- CARFAX launches a $20-million campaign educating consumers on how to avoid the pitfalls, scams and risks involved in purchasing a used car
- Introduces CARFAX Certified Cars service
- Becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of the R.L. Polk & Co.
- "CARFAX Free Lemon Check" is rolled out to internet partners
- More than 400.000 consumers a month visit the site
- Signs AOL as an Internet partner
- CARFAX launches Carfax.com, offering consumers the same access to CARFAX
- Reports already available to used car dealers (via fax)
- Reaches 100 million vehicle history records
- CARFAX obtains title data from nearly all 50 states
- 60 Minutes reports on how CARFAX benefits consumers
- Blackburn Marketing Services purchases CARFAX
- Dick Raines is announced as president and US headquarters are established in Virginia
- Six auctions and 28 additional dealers become customers
- With just 10.000 vehicle history records and a vision, Barnett markets the CARFAX Vehicle History Report
- 14 auto dealers become customers – reports are distributed to dealers via fax
- CARFAX is founded